HOW TO MAKE SLIM AT HOME
Slime is like abracadabra! It calms when you play with it, and fights dust when you want cleanliness. Of course, you can find it in the store, but making it yourself is much more fun. Let’s figure out how to make slime at home without the hassle, with any ingredients.
What is slime
This is a viscous mixture that can be used as an anti-stress toy or as a home and car cleaner. Slimes clean the surface of dust, crumbs and feathers, as they “stick” to the surface. It is enough to gently shake off the dirt from the toy and it can be used further.
This mixture can keep the hands of craftsmen busy for hours, or even days. At the same time, when creating a slime, you can control the viscosity, shade, and even decorating components. There is no universal recipe – a unique combination of ingredients in each case gives the toy the right consistency.
Interesting article: How to choose a constructor for a child: 3 tips
Slime has hundreds of varieties. The following subspecies are more common:
General cooking advice
No matter how the recipe of the toy changes, it consists of the following elements:
- foaming substance – from liquid soap to shaving foam;
- water is a binder, which adds volume to the mixture and prevents it from drying out;
- glue – glues the components together;
- thickener – can be borax (sodium tetraborate), gelatin, etc.
Without these substances, slime simply will not work. It will be either a liquid or a solid substance. But the following components are suitable for lovers of “decorations”, as they can be added to the slime at your discretion:
- dyes – give the desired shade to the product;
- starch – will make the mixture less sticky;
- polystyrene balls, artificial snow, glitter, beads – add texture;
- aroma oils – an anti-stress toy can become aromatherapy. Playing with it, the selected smell will fill the room.
They make a toy according to one algorithm:
- Create a pile of foam from foaming liquid and water.
- Pour the glue and start mixing everything to a homogeneous consistency.
- Throw embellishments – from dye to beads.
- Add a thickener to make the slime more viscous and less sticky.
Exciting: Legoland Theme Parks: 8 of the most mega popular on the planet
The peculiarity of the toy lies in the variety of cooking options. There are hundreds of slime recipes on the internet. We have collected those that we have personally tested – anyone can repeat them at home. All of them are safe and within the power of even a primary school student.
Slime recipe with glue
One of the simple recipes is with PVA. Its plus is that everything you need is already at home.
- Take 150 ml of water and pour it into a plate or small saucepan.
- Pour 60-80 grams of starch into a container.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a bag.
- Add 50-70 ml PVA.
- Add dyes and aroma oils to give the look and smell to the slime.
- Shake thoroughly and let cool.
The key disadvantage of such slimes is their short “life”. They will last for a month, and then they will begin to lose their properties and appearance. However, given the cost of the toy, it is not a problem to repeat cooking.
Tired toys are sleeping: How to choose a night light in the children’s room: 7 options for a winning addition
How to make slime without glue
A basic recipe, the ingredients for which are present in every home. For him you will need:
- 100-150 grams of starch;
- 25-35 ml of cream / lotion for hands, body or face;
- 10-15 ml of soap.
Further “cooking” happens like this:
- Pour starch into a bowl (sudok) and add cream.
- Knead the mass – it will be dryish.
- Pour liquid soap – so the slime will get a viscous consistency.
At the end, you need to sprinkle your palms with starch and rinse the slime. If it turns out to be sticky, this is leveled by 1 tsp. baby oil. Other components such as dyes, flavors and beads are added at will.
Useful ideas: What can be done from Lego constructor: TOP 10 ideas
Slime recipe without thickener (tetraborate)
Many, having seen the recipes, are surprised by the mysterious substance “boron”. There is no need to be afraid of it – this is sodium tetraborate, which is in any pharmacy. In hardware stores, it can be found in a loose state of “borax” or “borax”. This chemical compound makes the slime viscous and elastic.
To replace the activator, you need to understand what other improvised elements will help you get a similar result:
- Naphthyzinum is a medicine against acute rhinitis;
- gelatin – in “cooperation” with plasticine, they make the mixture thick and elastic;
- various household aerosols – from air fresheners to hair sprays;
- soda along with starch.
They make slime without tetraborate, just like the classic one: except that the thickener changes.
- 3-4 tablespoons of liquid soap;
- 1-2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp starch;
- 200 ml of PVA glue;
- decorations as desired.
Then everything is mixed and a stretchy mixture is obtained.
Fascinating story: Lego: the history of the company – 7 fateful turns
How to make slime out of plasticine
Unusual option. But with him you do not need to look for either glue or boron. The shelf life of such a toy is longer. It retains its original viscosity even after several months. It is done like this:
- Pour 200-300 ml of water and gelatin into a saucepan.
- Boil the mixture and cool to 40-50°C.
- Warm up the plasticine and soften it.
- Mix gelatin and clay in proportions 2:1.
- Mix everything until a homogeneous consistency.
- Cool the mass in the refrigerator for half an hour.
That’s all. Before us is a slime in all its glory. If everything is done correctly, there will be no plasticine left on the vessel, it will become a viscous part.
Fluffy slime recipe
From English “fluffy” means “fluffy” or “whipped”. Under this characteristic, shaving foam is suitable. The instruction is as follows:
- Pour 100 g of PVA into a container.
- Add a little foam – 2-3 clicks are enough. For the “fluffy” option, 4-5 clicks are possible.
- Then pour in the thickener – 50-70 ml is enough.
- Then stir the toy and knead it with your hands.
But not every home has shaving foam and lens fluid, but you want to get an air slime. Then you should work according to the following algorithm:
- Mix 40-50 ml of liquid soap or shaving gel and 100-150 ml of water.
- Make a foamy mixture with a kitchen sponge. The resulting mixture should take up about 2 cups in volume.
- Pour 1-1.5 cups of PVA into the mixture. You can add dye and aroma oils if desired.
- Mix everything and add a thickener. Due to this, the mass will finally stick together and begin to peel off the walls.
- Mash the slime and let it cool in the refrigerator or on the balcony (if it happens in winter).
Likbez: How to choose the right radio-controlled car: which one is better out of 7 options
How to make butter slime
Outwardly, you can hardly distinguish it from melted butter: it is just as soft and easily smeared. At the same time, it does not stick “tightly” – this makes it an assistant when cleaning equipment. It is done like this:
- Add 30-40 ml of shower gel and 80-90 g of PVA glue to the dishes.
- Mix in a mug 200-300 ml of hot water and 1 tsp of soda.
- Pour 10-20 ml of the resulting liquid into the original mixture.
- Add a thickener – the resulting mass will become thicker.
- Take 80-100 g of light clay and put it into the slime base.
- Knead until smooth.
If there is no glue and plasticine in the house, they are replaced with starch and baby oil: 4-6 tablespoons of loose and 1 teaspoon of butter. The exact number is adjusted according to the situation.
How to make cloud slime
This crunches and crackles when squeezed. Visually resembles a thundercloud, which, when compressed, gives out “thunder”.
To do this, prepare the following items:
The ingredients are mixed. It turns out a one-of-a-kind slime that crunches like snow underfoot. Adults and children can make slime with their own hands. Just the desire is enough.
Safety first: How to secure a car seat for maximum child safety – 5 tips for parents