How to choose roller skates?
Types of roller skates
To correctly answer the question of how to choose videos, first of all, you need to decide on the age of the athlete and the style of skating. There are children’s and adult videos.
A distinctive feature of children’s models is the possibility of their transformation in accordance with the size of the child’s feet. Usually it is in the range of 3-4 sizes and allows you to save money by not buying new roller skates every year.
Adult videos can be divided into the following categories:
1. Fitness rollers – suitable for beginners and lovers of leisurely walks in calm conditions. They are distinguished by an acceptable price, a comfortable fit on the leg, a soft boot. The length of the base is medium. Wheel diameter – 80-86 mm. It is preferable to choose a metal frame, and wheels made of polyurethane, of medium hardness. They provide optimal grip on smooth surfaces. The plastic frame can be used in skates designed for light weight athletes. Maximum vibration reduction can be achieved by choosing rollers with an Antishock system. Velcro can be used instead of laces.
2. Speed skating – running rollers are used mainly in professional sports. They have big wheels and low boots. Not very convenient for beginners. Not suitable for stunt lovers due to poor maneuverability.
3. Aggressive riding – used roller skates with a hard boot and an extended low polyurethane frame. The wheels should be rigid, with a diameter of about 90-100 mm. Particular attention should be paid to the quality of bearings.
4. Slalom and urban – to perform various tricks and ride around the city with overcoming obstacles, roller skates with a metal frame and hard wheels, the diameter of which is 85-100 mm, are required. Shoes should be chosen soft and high, with a rigid fixation of the heel.
What to look for when buying?
When deciding how to choose roller skates, be sure to pay attention to such parameters as:
- frame material and length;
- material and rigidity of wheels;
- bearing accuracy class;
- shoe structure;
- the presence of a regular brake;
- brand awareness;
- quality certificate;
- manufacturer’s warranty;
- personal feelings of comfort.
At the initial purchase, it is better to give preference to fitness rollers. After a while, you will understand which type of riding is closer to you, and you can switch to another model. However, in any case, purchase only products of well-known brands, which include the following:
- roller blades;
Also, do not forget about additional equipment. Reliable protection should consist of the following elements:
- knee pads;
- elbow pads;
- shoulder pads;
- elastic clothing.
In the catalog of the online store you will find quality videos from leading brands. Here you can buy at the most affordable prices everything that a beginner roller skater or an experienced athlete needs.